Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sweet Nostalgia


In light of analyzing the past year of my life...I have come to one conclusion: LIFE GOES ON.

I have gone through many changes within this last year and I can honestly say I wouldn't take one moment back. Some of it was extremely tough to go through, but I truly believe I am stronger because of it. I gained a lot in the last year and I have lost some as well.

I had to deal with my first broken heart but got to figure out how to love myself and gain my confidence back. I had to learn to let go of the single person who made me happiest and most upset all in one...But in the meantime I found out that I can love another. And that God knows what He's doing. Sometimes two people just aren't compatible. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with either of them. It's just not meant to be. There is no better feeling than finally reaching that realization.

I gained a new family member this year as well. I now have an amazing new brother-in-law who made all my big sister's dreams come true. I can never express how thankful I am for having this perfect addition to our family. i don't remember another time that I have ever been as happy for someone else as I was for my sister on her wedding day. It was a day we had dreamed about for years and it finally came true. I feel like she could not have found a better match and that they will have a lifetime full of blessings to come.

More recently, I have reunited with old friends and met some amazing new ones. I know friendships are true when I feel like I've known someone forever after just spending a couple days with them. Words cannot describe the appreciation and love I have for my friends, new and old. They have stuck with me and listened to my whining, complaining, and lame jokes. And they always do so with a smile and a hug.

I couldn't ask for more in my life at the moment. So many things have happened and changed for me. And I do not regret one of those things. I some of my biggest ups and biggest downs during this time and I will forever be thankful for the people who came in and out of my life during that time, and of course am truly thankful for those who are here to stay. I'm doin' alright for the time being and couldn't ask for anything better than this.

The Chorus from the song "This" by Darius Rucker kind of puts things in perspective for my mental state and the way I view all of this that has happened the last year.

"Every stoplight I didnt make
Every chance I did or I didnt take
All the nights I went too far
All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
All the things I knew but I didn't know
Thank god for all I missed
Cause it led me here to this"





No comments:

Post a Comment