Thursday, January 27, 2011

Poetry!

I really am shy about sharing my poetry because, yes, I have had people make fun of me for writing poetry! But today, as I was cleaning out things in my guest room closet, I found an old portfolio of some poems I had written when I was little. They are kinda cool so I decided to put a couple on here!

Momma's flowers


Look at this flower.
It represents my soul.
The flower blooms so pretty,
and then wilts during the fall.
It resembles all that's beautiful,
but always has to die.
Later on in time, 
it will come back to life.
God grant this gorgeous flower,
All that it deserves.
Lord, lift it higher
so it can show what the Great One serves.
I want to live again.
Let my spirit shine through.
I know that forgiven be our sins,
so why is this flower's color so blue?


The Bottle

Something so small.
It has power beyond belief.
every time I see that bottle
I know I am about to fall.

That rough hand holds onto it tight.
Please, Daddy, please put it down
I want this all to go away.
I don't want you and Mommy to fight tonight.

Why does this bottle have to be your best friend?
Don't you love us anymore?
Throw that bottle away please, oh please. 
I know that unlike us, it won't be there for you in the end.

I have a bad feeling about it this time.
That bottle is about to take over.
Please don't yell, please don't leave.
Why does me seeing that bottle feel like a crime?

Here we go again. This is all I can take. 
You hold on to it so, so tight.
We are the ones that belong in your life. 
Sometimes I just wish that damn bottle would break.

No comments:

Post a Comment