Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Lovin'

It has been a while...but a lot has happened since the last time I posted a new blog! 

My summer is off to a busy start! Other than the unreal heat wave that has come over Lubbock, Tx, I would not have even known it was summer! I have not been to a pool, or to sip on margaritas with my friends, and didn't even make it home for wheat harvest this year. My days have been filled with school, work, and more school. All that ends soon, though. I FINALLY get to graduate August 6th and will be done with school forever! I absolutely cannot wait. 

I get to start a new chapter in my life, and for once I really think I'm ready. I get to move closer to home and close the door to my life in Lubbock. I have so many memories that I will never forget coming from my college years and so many people that have come and gone in my life that I will always be thankful for knowing.  My last few months here have been a bit of a roller coaster ride, but anyone who knows me, knows that it is nothing out of the ordinary for me! I'm always running and gunning to get things done (preferably when and how I want them done). But I have learned that demanding things my way all the time often gets you the opposite results you hoped for....but then life goes on! And you pick up where you left off and get right back in there and keeping running and gunning for the things that are important. 

I am excited to see what the next step in my life has in store for little ol' me, but in the meantime I am a bit jealous of all my friends who are having awesome summers and getting to do many summer things. I envy you. Almost hate you! I would love to just be able to have a few days where school and work disappeared and I can join you, buuuut there will be no such luck. So, in the meantime, I will be staring at your summer fun pictures and wish I could have been there with you! 

Just a random add-in. One thing I remember most about childhood summers was something I still think everyone should do. Make homemade popsicles! Even if it's just the simple Ice Tray popsicles. It brings memories flooding back from my childhood. Some of the most fun was waiting in anticipation while our favorite kool-aid flavors were turning into frozen treats! And you can always add in fruit or candy and all kinds of fun stuff. (I'm hoping to try some vodka additive for a more adult popsicle)  ;)

Just remember to never take a day for granted. It's summer time and there is a lot of fun to be had, so if possible, go out and have it! I know I should listen to my own advice, but I really don't have the time. So if anything do it for me!!! You never know, one day you may look back on Summer of 2011 and find a way to make it a hit song. Just take that cue from Bryan Adams (Summer of 69).


If you need a little motivation, I have here a very short list of fun summer songs to listen to!

Summer of 69-Bryan Adams
The Boys of Summer-Don Henley or The Ataris
No Shoes, No Shirt, No problems-Kenny Chesney
Six Pack Summer-Phil Vassar
Summer Nights-Lil Rob (oh those awesome Junior High days!)
Groovy Little Summer Song-James Otto
Knee Deep-Zac Brown Band
All Summer Long-Kid Rock
Summer Girls-LFO (you know you love it! and RIP lead singer guy)
That Summer-Garth Brooks
Strawberry Wine-Deana Carter

P.S. Please don't let your sun tan turn out like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment